How to Make a Small Room Bigger
Using paint strategically can help add depth and space to a room. It's not a Jedi mind trick, but it is pretty close. Some colors can really transform your space after painted on. If you're looking to make the most out of a small room in your home, look no further.
- White is the most well-known color to help add light and breathing room. Eggshell or satin finishes will give you the best results in a smaller space.
- Lighter shades of beige or taupe can give the same effect as white but with more warmth. It's a neutral background that helps soak up natural light.
- Pastel blue is a popular choice. It can come in a variety of shades, which can be used to create a monochrome look. Consider adding different blue hues to the molding, ceiling, and walls for a wide-open look.
- Blush pink has gained popularity in recent years for a good reason. This pastel can add a hint of color into a room without becoming overbearing.
- Cool grey shades that aren't dark are both neutral and light. They can be a solid choice for an all-over paint job that will blend into the rest of your decor.
MDF always uses quality paint products to avoid any chalkiness. This difference will also keep your rooms looking bigger and brighter. This list isn't exhaustive, as bright, pastel, and cool shades of any color can help with a small room. You can always look at our Pinterest page for more inspiration! MDF can paint samples on the wall and give you a free consultation to help you!